Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Foodtography 001 :: cupcake frosting



It was late at night when I decided to play around the kitchen for some frosting experiment. Limited with the supplies I have, I was still able to make the frosting that I want! :D (I haven't practiced decorating yet, so please bear with it.haha!)



Here are the ingredients you need for the simplest cupcake frosting:

1. 1 block of Butter (softened not melted)
*In my case, I used Buttermilk brand for margarine instead of butter since it says less fat :)  2. 2 c. Powdered sugar
3. 1 c. Cocoa
4. 1 tsp. Vanilla flavoring for the buttercream and some other food color you would want it to look like ;)

PROCEDURE : 

For Buttercream Frosting: Soften butter in a bowl
Gradually add powered sugar while mixing . The texture of the butter should look somehow thicker =)
Add the Vanilla flavor and mix
Add some drops of red coloring. Drop and mix until you get the color you want.

For Cocoa Frosting:
Soften butter in a bowl
Gradually add powered sugar while mixing . The texture of the butter should look somehow thicker =)
Start adding-in the cocoa gradually like how you mixed the sugar
* Use your decorating tool to decorate your cupcake. I used a small spatula to wrap the cupcake with cocoa frosting, and I used my decor tool to drop pink buttercream frosting on top..
Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment